Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Anticipation

House is mostly back in order, floors are vacuumed, bathroom is cleaned, bedroom is ready for a guest...just waiting now. Waiting for the minutes to tick by. Waiting is the hardest part.

In about an hour I will be leaving my house to go to the airport to pick up my mom. It's been a long time, too long, since we've seen each other - nine months! The time between visits is so long, and the visits go by so fast. And then it's back to waiting. Waiting till the next time. Whenever that may be.

For now, though, it's all about excitement. Can't wait to see her walking down the stairs of the C concourse. Ready to greet her with open arms. I usually reserve my tears for my dad's visits, but today I think my mom might get some too!

5 comments:

  1. I know all about the tears. Have a great visit. Tell your mom I said Hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you - have a wonderful time together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tears flowing from my eyes knowing what it is like for you. I see my Mom once and sometimes twice a year. You would think by now the tears would stop, but they don't. That parent-child bond is great. I'm lucky to say we still have it. My Mom thinks I hug her too long! She laughs at me and says, "Holly I missed you too, but you can let me go now." Have a Great Time! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just thinking of you both and smiling. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete