Isn't it strange how the weather seems to influence our food choices? Like how a cold, rainy or snowy day can make us want to hunker down and have something warm. Or, how on hot, summer day a crisp garden salad sounds so delicious.
Today is a soup day in our house. There's just so much comfort in chasing the chill out of your body with a hot bowl of homemade soup. And I really enjoy whipping something up with the miscellaneous ingredients in my fridge, freezer, and cupboards. Today's soup was what I'm calling Vegetable Dumpling - tasty for throwing a few things together!
Soup is probably my favorite comfort food. How about you? What is your favorite comfort food?
Oh, yes, yes, YES! LOVE soup. I'm totally with you. :) This brings to mind a yummy squash soup I stashed in the freezer for a day just like today...THANKS!! Wanna make it comfort over the top, add a crusty, buttery, garlic-y piece of bread toasted up next to it...yuuuummmy.
ReplyDeleteOH OH! my comfort food is potato chips with chocolate chips! The recipe goes like this. One large FULL potato chip placed in center of tongue with three milk chocolate chips placed on top of chip. Close mouth s l o w l y and let chocolate melt before crunching the potato chip. Enjoy the salty sweet sensation with a crunch. Repeat as often as needed to satisfy your craving, or as long as the chips hold out. To increase your pleasure, try this with a friend. See who can last the longest before taking the first crunch. Or see who can eat the fastest. I'm good at the FASTEST! HOlly Mom
ReplyDeleteOk Holly.. you're on! When we're there next month, we'll have this contest! We can try both ways - fast & slow!
ReplyDelete