Friday was an exciting day at our house... our new carpeting was installed in the basement. We are really happy with our choice - feels like a whole new space down there now!
As soon as the carpet installer finished the job and left, Ben and I ran down the stairs and laid on the new carpet. Our running around got Onyx very excited and she followed us down there. Her reaction was priceless and I wish I could have captured it on video. With her nose to the floor she ran laps around the basement. Carpet fibers were flying everywhere as she was "grabbing gears" to turn the corners. There was much barking and panting.
When she finally settled down, she showed us her appreciation with this huge smile! Doesn't she just look like a happy girl?!
The next morning, when I couldn't figure out where Onyx was, I made my way to the stairs and found this... Yes, she is very happy to have "her" basement back!
Our contractors constructed these really cool boxes for the back bedroom to disguise the sump pump and backflow device. The boxes just lift up and you can then access the plumbing if necessary. We will be using the boxes as night stands for the bed that will be centered between the two.
All we have left to do in the basement is reinstall the trim and and doors. Then comes the fun part... decorating! It's been a long two months, but we're happy with the product.
I love the boxes - what perfect side tables! You've handled this situation so well - good for you, girl! :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the new basement! You're gonna have so much fun making it the new you. :) Onyx is such a sweetie. What a baby girl running around all happy like that. Love that girl!
ReplyDeleteDad told me you had pictures of the completed basement. Looks really nice. I like the carpeting!! Besides decorating you now need company! Your Mom will be the first to enjoy it. Will Onyx share that special place with her? Good job! Holly Mom
ReplyDeleteThe basement looks great. I am sure you guys are happy that has gotten straightened out.
ReplyDeleteLove You Dad