At my last dip of the tape measure, there was 26" of snow in my front yard! It has been snowing for the last 32 hours - non-stop! Even after having lived in the Midwest my whole life, I'm not sure I've ever seen this much snow out of one snow event. It's very impressive. Here are just a few photos of our day today, which consisted of watching Onyx play and shoveling. This was taken early this morning, prior to reaching the 26" mark. Onyx was having fun navigating her way through the back yard. It definitely makes going "poddy" very interesting.
Attempting to shovel the sidewalk, but snow still falling steadily. Notice the snowmobile coming down the street.
Over 2 feet of snow on the roof line - pictures don't quite capture it. The snow is as high as the bottom of the front window.


I took this from my bedroom window, looking down on our covered patio.

Better go check the driveway& sidewalks again. I think it may have finally stopped snowing.
That snow cover is a blessing when the extreme cold hits you again. It has insulated the ground so the cold won't get to the city water pipes. We have canceled our Christmas trip to Milwaukee. Too much snow, blowing winds and drifting would make the drive horrible. I have lots of food to freeze, since I was providing the dinner on Saturday. Marinaded halibet, bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, beef wellington and more. I was baking loads of different cookies all week long, too. HoHoHo, I know what we will be having for some time. Miss you and always thinking of you. Love, Mom HOlly
ReplyDeleteGREAT pictures of the snow. I love the one of it snowing. It is really hard to capture the sheer mass of all the snow! You come pretty close!
ReplyDelete:)
Poor Ben! We've been thinking about how hard this snow must be making his job! And poor you if he's at work and you have to do all the shoveling! :)
ReplyDeleteWow...so fun to see our old house and much snow you have up there! Fun too, to see the fun changes you've made, it looks great!!
ReplyDeleteHope all is well with you guys!