Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Birthday Fun

On Friday we celebrated my 28th birthday. We spent the afternoon enjoying our downtown. We went ice skating, warmed up with lattes at a local french cafe, went on a holiday carriage ride and later in the evening went out for dinner.

Neither of us have been ice skating in quite some time so we were a little wobbly at first, but it didn't take too long to figure it out! At one point we were the only ones on the ice and we used this time to act like kids. We took up the whole rink to play tag, race each other, and practice skating backwards. It was a fun day!
Taking a break at the ice rink
Red cheeks and noses after a chilly carriage ride

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a perfect winter day downtown. I'm so glad that you had such a fun time - you deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where was the surprise dinner at? We are covered in 4-6 inches of snow. Grandma has at least 8-10 inches. Looks like winter here. Roads were glare ice on Tuesday. Home feels pretty good and safe, for now. I'm baking Christmas cookies and singing Christmas songs with professional singers, on the radio. I think I have some versions of the songs they may like!!! Love, Mom Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally see you guys laughing like kids and hogging the rink. Sounds like a birthday out of a movie!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete