Tuesday, December 2, 2008

And you thought toddlers were strange?!

Our dog, Onyx, provides us with many hours of entertainment. Sometimes while we are out and about, sometimes while we're playing at home, but lately it's been when she's doing nothing at all. She really has some "moves".

Like this... This is what I call a contortionist! Body and feet pointing one way, head pointing the other. I can't imagine that this is even comfortable!


Or this...I don't know what this maneuver is called!


And this... well, this is just classic Onyx. She started this thing a few summer's ago where she would lay on her back in the grass and "tan her belly". She has since brought this move indoors and now frequently supports the couch (as if it were going to tip over)!


This has become another classic Onyx maneuver. This is either the "I'm pouting" mood or the "It's too bright for me to sleep in this room" mood. Either way, it's pretty funny to see everything except your dog's head sticking out from under the couch.



I wondered what mood she was in this day so I laid on the floor to take a look and this is what I found under the couch... you be the judge!


BUSTED!! Onyx is not allowed on the furniture, but like any kid, she has to test the boundaries! And, I think she knows which color black is! We have several black blankets in our house, and she seems to know where they're all at. When I first walked into this room I didn't even see the dog because her head was down, hiding her red collar, and all you could see was a big lump of black. I thought it was the blanket in a ball and continued doing what I was doing, until I heard the jingling of her tags as she lifted her head. This is the "are you sure I have to get off the bed - it's so comfortable" look!
As you can see, she is definitely a character! Can't wait to see what's next!

4 comments:

  1. That first move looks so uncomfortable! Silly dog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only we knew what was going through our dog's heads (or maybe we don't want to know)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee-hee! I love the pics of her sitting on the stairs and the one of her little nose under the couch. What a little sweetie pie! Yo shur a goood mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the sister to her here in Menomonie. She brightens my day and makes me laugh. Thank God for dogs!

    ReplyDelete