As I've been reading other blogs, and hearing people's Halloween stories, I thought I'd pass along what we did:
1. We went for a hike. The weather was iffy and it looked as if it would start raining any moment, but we hit the trail anyway. We walked through the soft pine needle covered trail and took in the the colors of all of the changing leaves. Apparently we weren't feeling incredibly motivated, because after only about a mile, we decided to turn around and head back to the truck. Just as we were switching directions, the rain started falling. Of course we were unprepared for it. One may wonder why we wouldn't have worn some rain gear if it looked like it was going to rain. I've wondered too! It didn't take long for both of us to have raindrops dripping off our noses, eyebrows, and hair. Our jackets and boots were getting a nice cleaning too. As we walked through the rain, we just laughed - this wasn't the first time we had gotten ourselves into this predicament. As we brushed water off our faces, we talked about how everything smells so good when it rains and we noticed that our dog seemed extra content with a wet top coat! Her pace had slowed dramatically and she just seemed, well... comfortable. We got back in the truck feeling good because we had gotten some exercise. But it only took a few seconds for my smile to change to a look of disgust. Ya know that get away from me, you reek like a wet dog smell? Well that was the one that permeated our entire truck in about 30 seconds. Our dog was still comfortable -us, not so much!
2. The other thing we did was visited our neighborhood Starbucks. We haven't handed out candy to the trick-or-treaters these last few years. And last year, even though we had our front lights turned off, kids still came to our door! So this year we decided to leave the house all together. Of all the places, we could've gone on a Friday night, we chose Starbucks! Hey, it's cheap entertainment. We even brought a game! Dorky, yeah I know, but we had fun. But what I really wanted to tell you about going to Starbucks is that you MUST try the new Salted Carmel Hot Chocolate! I had heard all about it from some close friends who are very persuasive. Turns out their rave reviews are true. It's really good!
And that was it. That's how we spent our Halloween. Exciting, huh?
I love the idea of bringing a game to Starbucks! How fun. The wet dog incident doesn't sound like as much fun as enjoying that yummy hot chocolate. Just don't ask Cerissa how many calories it has in it... :)
ReplyDeleteSorry we got cut off today - hands in the doorjam always causes some excitement. Talk to you soon!
PS - I tagged you, if you feel like it...
Totally love the salted caramel hot chocolate! I like it spiked with a shot or two of coffee and love the salt on top!
ReplyDeleteI love how you laugh when things turn sour instead of sulk. Any secrets to doing this well?!
:)