Saturday, November 15, 2008

Something to Ponder

"When plans and schedules keep us from wasting time, they are our friends. But when they keep us from hearing the cry of a child, or touching the pain of another - then they are our enemies."

This phrase was on an inspirational calendar that I have on my desk. I just thought it was a good reminder to prioritize what is truly important in our lives. It especially struck me because of the rapidly approaching holiday season and the various obligations that seem to come along with it.

3 comments:

  1. That is such a great reminder, Rachelle. Thanks - I needed that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rachelle, I really needed to hear that. You're a peach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true Rachelle. It's a good reminder for everyone. We all tend to get so strssed at holiday time. We all need to stop and think what the true meaning of Thanksgiving and Christams really is. Helps to put things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete