Wednesday, November 12, 2008

$16.2M

Yep, that's right $16.2M! Apparently we have inherited some big dollars! I just have to share this because I found it hilarious. Here are some excerpts from an email that Ben received at work last week from a supposed attorney in Malaysia.
"...a foreign client of mine, who died as a result of heart-related condition on the 10th June, 2003. His heart condition was due to the death of all the members of his family in the Air Flight Crash in Iran while flying from Tehran to Khorramabad..."
"I have contacted you to assist in distributing the funds left behind by my client before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this deposit valued at 16.2million United States Dollars is lodged."
"My proposition to you is to seek your consent to present you as the next-of-kin and beneficiary of my named client, since you have the same last name, so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you. Then we can share the amount on a mutually agreed-upon percentage. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through."
I especially love the part about sharing the amount "on a mutually agreed-upon percentage". And how many people share our last name?! I found this highly entertaining and incredibly ridiculous!

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I wonder if there is a way to scam the scammer?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget your daddy, you know I always liked you best!!!

    ReplyDelete