With a deep breath and a quick prayer for lots of patience, I entered the boys' room - that's when the day officially gets rolling. It doesn't matter if I'm not ready for fast paced action, it just comes. And this day was no different. The smell was a little more "ripe" than normal. Tanner, standing there holding his hand in the air, belts out, "Icky". I look around and realize that what's on his hand (and on the crib railing, and on the sheet, and on the blankets) really belonged in his diaper. UGH! Today was definitely going to be a coffee morning. It only took a moment to discover that this was not a case of diaper blow out, this was apparently an "exploratory adventure". Well, for Tanner, at least! It dawns on me that everyone now needs all of their bedding washed.....
Off to the laundry room I go, poopy items in hand, four little footsteps following me. Tanner helped me load the washer, and Kody, who disappeared, was surely up to no good. Out of the laundry room and past the pantry, the pantry that has a door opened and the dog treat box shuffled around, the pantry who's door was shut when I walked into the laundry room... no Kody in sight. No Kody in the living room, or the bathroom, or his bedroom, but sure enough there he was, clear across the house, hanging out inside momma's shower (the shower that he has been scolded for being in several days in a row, several times a day) with a dog treat in hand and fresh socks that are now wet! We hadn't even made it to the breakfast table yet, and I was already exhausted!
A break in the rain allowed us to get outside and play in our new back yard, a.k.a, our sandlot. A few shovels and buckets and all the sand that two little boys could dream of, and I have a few moments to sit down.
A slow motion journey through Kody's head:
| Forget the tools, I'll just use my hands! |
| A little more oomph.... |
| Oops! Maybe too much oomph? |
| While I'm down here, I might as well roll around.... |
| Back to my belly.... |
| Hmmm??!! I wonder if this stuff is any good?! |
| What, mom??!! I didn't just eat the sand, it only looks that way! |
Break time over...onto my sand removal duties!
Gratitude:
How Tanner uses daddy's alarm clock and the TV remote control as a pretend phone.
Kody's response when asked what his brother's name is: "Brubber".
In-Laws who clean our entire apartment from top to bottom after we move all of our stuff out.
Washer & Dryer! 'Nuff said!
Sunsets and mountain views from our back deck.
Our new home. How everyone is comfortable here and settled in right away. How it feels like we could be here for a long time if we want to.
Finally getting to talk to my mom after several days of phone tag. How we can talk on the phone as if we were in the same room chatting over a cup of tea. How I cherish the moments when we really do get to chat over a cup of tea.
The smell of a freshly sliced cucumber and how I am immediately transported to my grandpa's garden. Day dreaming about the garden I can create in our new yard.
Father-in-law who installs deadbolts on our doors to help curb escaping children!
Two wild and crazy boys who make every day interesting.
The anticipation of getting to see family and friends in a few days. Working hard to not fret about the 2-3 day drive there and the 3 hour plane ride back home.
One that never gets old: Watching Ben be a daddy. Watching how excited the boys' get when da-DA gets home. How I get to be a part of this little family.
How funny those boys are. I know you probably don/\'t think the things they do are funny but that's the there way of learning. The pictures that you send with your blog are priceless love them all. Can't wait to see all of you. Love to alland give them boys a big hug and smooch for us.
ReplyDeleteLove Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa
Sounds like a fun morning LOL. Tanners exploratory adventure cracked me up. Love to hear your stories. We are looking forward to seeing everyone later this week.
ReplyDeleteLove you Dad
Love your stories Rachelle and all the pictures. Even more than that, I love your gratitudes. You seem to capture alot of the small things in life, but most meaningful. My vision is extremely blurry right now and I can't really read what I'm writing, but hopefully you can! Can't wait to see you all very soon.
ReplyDeleteLove mom and grandma B
Exploratory adventure -- hahahaha -- the perfect description. And the endurance to hit each step in stride, I feel it; it's like moving a mountain. No wonder little boys think that their momma can do ANYTHING. And believe it or not, you make it look easy. You are such a good mom.
ReplyDelete