Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bittersweet

Six and a half years...it's just been us. And sometime in the next week, it will all change in a matter of minutes.

I remember very vividly the day we packed everything we owned into the back of a Budget Rental Truck. The "periwinkle pooch", my family's nickname of my car at the time, loaded on a trailer behind the truck. We dropped off our apartment key at the rental office and headed to my place of employment where I turned in my office keys. And then we were off. 

Driving south on I-35 out of the Twin Cities, only 1480 more miles to go to our new home across the country, I looked out the side mirror at my car on the trailer and then looked at my husband of two months. The tears were welling up. It was real and there was no turning back. We were moving away from everything and everyone we knew, by ourselves. I was a bit sad, more nervous, and mostly excited. I knew it would be ok, because we had each other.

I'm back in that place again. Another life changing event. There's no turning back. It's real. We WILL be parents in just a matter of time. I'm a bit sad, more nervous, and mostly excited. But I know it's going to be ok, because we have each other.

4 comments:

  1. SO well said. I have goose bumps just reading it. The whole world is about to change. For the better.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you both! It's a life changing event that you will forever cherish! Enjoy every moment you can. Can't wait to see the new little additions. Wishing you a quick and healthy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're awesome! So glad that you made the move here, and so thankful for the blessing that your family is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS - Love your new layout and title! :) Great job, mama!

    ReplyDelete