Some excerpts from my journal the morning of October 19th, 2010:
" It's 4:45am, the day of your scheduled birth! I woke up at 3 to pee and haven't been able to fall back to sleep. I CAN NOT believe that we are going to meet you today! The day is finally here and I'm excited.... nervous too!"
"... I'm sitting in your room now, and at this early morning hour, I'm reminded of just how many days in these next few weeks that dad and I will be in here feeding you and changing your diapers. It's hard to imagine what it will be like when we get home from the hospital in a few days.
".... Oh and to think that in 6 or 7 hours we will be able to tell you in person (how much we love you)! Kiss your sweet little heads and look at your tiny fingers and toes. You are both a real miracle - given to us by an awesome God. We'll see you soon!"
Getting ready to go to the hospital... kind of a giddy morning - a crazy mix of emotions! The final picture of my big ol' belly - 38 weeks, 1 day pregnant!
Finally at the hospital...my surgery was delayed as the OR was being used. Just waiting now....me in my gown, getting filled with fluids, and Ben in his scrubs ready to sit by my head. He could pass as a doctor, huh?! If it hadn't felt real yet, it sure did in this moment. Only an hour away from meeting our little boys.
The big moment arrived! Some of my favorite photos...straight from the OR! Babies just out of the womb - the very first pictures! I remember the doc saying "Here's Baby A", and then we heard the cry. Tears filled my eyes as I lay there on the table. He was alive and weighed a whoppin' 6 pounds, 7 ounces. One minute later, out came Tanner, wailing at the top of his lungs. There was a lot of commotion in the OR - about 12 staff people, everyone cheering and spreading the news. The emotion of the moments were very overwhelming and joyous.
Welcome to this world baby Tanner!
Mom's first time holding babies. Still laying on operating table. Doc starting to close incision.
Our first family photo!
A proud daddy with his babies footprints "tatooed" on his arms!
Enjoying the first few moments back in our room.....
Mom admiring Tanner
Mom resting with Kody
Dad warming up Kody
Dad rocking Tanner
Sleeping soundly in their bassinet.
Tanner - a great shot by dad who was quick with the camera.
Happy Birthday little guys!! A day Ben and I will never ever forget.


I already love those two little boys so much! Rachelle, you are a true writer. Everything comes to life when I read your posts. Congratulations on the two new handsome additions to your family.
ReplyDeleteLove you all bunches!
Auntie Nikki
Just beautiful, Rachelle. I love your memories of that day - thanks for sharing with us. :) The photos are wonderful, too! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to meet those little guys over Thanksgiving week. Congrats! Nikki is right you are quite the writer! Thanks for doing the the blog it seems so much more real to me now.
ReplyDeleteDad oops..... I mean Grandpa Wayne
Oh my gosh. I remember the day you were born and how excited I was to be an Auntie and now feeling that feelin again looking at your new baby boys. I so wish that I could be there to hug and kiss on em. They are adorable and sweet just like you. I am so proud of you Rachelle what a trouper. Congratulations Ben and Rachelle what a beautiful family! Love you all Auntie Karen.
ReplyDeleteWhat handsome bundles of joy you have added to our family. We are so excited to come see them it's 9 days to babies at our house. Congrats to all of you and you have so much fun and happiness in your future. Something tells me you will have a bunch of visitors in the years to come.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Jean
Congratulations on your bundles of joy. They are beautiful and look so cuddly. You guys did a great job. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of them as they grow. Love to all.
ReplyDeleteGreat-Grandma and Great-Grandpa.
So happy for you and your family! They are beautiful little boys!!
ReplyDeleteI love seeing your pictures of the room and you getting ready. I so reminds me of the days I spent getting T's room ready when she was born and "primping" in that same bathroom before we headed to the hospital.
You have so many great memories ahead and thank you so much sharing them with us!!
CONGRATS!!!
I'm writng again because my first post apparently didn't take. What a beautiful story! I feel blessed that I was able to share in these first moments of their life by being there in person. I will never forget how I felt when Ben and the nurse came walking out of the OR and stopped for a moment to have me take a peek. Ben was so proud! It was such a great experience to see them in the nursery and watch all the things the nurses have to do. How joyous to watch them give Ben the tattooed footprints of his two little guys! I remember being in awe of how tiny they were and to hear their cries. I'm so grateful I got to spend the next 2 weeks with all of you. Those were moments that will foever stay close to my heart.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I love the blog and I know everyone will look forward to keeping in touch this way. I can't wait to see more pictures. Thank you for taking the time to do this.
Congratulations on your new family and cherish every moment that comes your way. You will both be wonderful parents!
Love Mom Brenda and Grandma Brenda
Ok, AMAZING!!! I'm out of my ever lovin' mind just soaking in the miracle. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
ReplyDeleteAnd that first family photo totally cracks me up. What precious boys.
AND, like everyone already said, LOVE your writing, Rachelle. God's hand is unmistakable on you guys. What a gift to capture it for us all to see. Y'all are truly amazing people.
Isn't God so good?!
Rachelle and Ben
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for both of you - you will be great parents. Now if you want me to talk to my youngest sister about tips in raising twins just ask (hers are now 7).
Patrick
Just truly amazing! There are hardly words. What a wonderful miracle from God! Thanks for sharing your moments here for all to see and love your announcement too! I'm sure that life is crazy now with your new bundles, but I'm sure it is also filled with love, peace, happiness, and a joy never felt before. With love, Kristin, Nick, and Noah
ReplyDelete