Two years old...already. The time has flown by. The memory of having about 12 pounds worth of babies laying on my chest is still vivid. There's nothing quite like those first moments - the combination of awe and terror, the wonderment of what to do next. Now those two little boys walk, and talk, and eat everything in sight, and sometimes even poop in the toilet! A lot has changed in two short years.
One of my fondest memories of birthdays is how my mom always decorated the kitchen for me. (I don't really know if she always did, but that's how I remember it, so we'll just say she did!) There was streamers and balloons to greet me in the morning as I made way to the breakfast table. It's a tradition I want to pass along to Tanner & Kody too. I decorated the kitchen for their first birthday as well, but this year the boys actually noticed. It made my staying up till 1am worth it! They both ran around the table laughing, and looking upwards, yelling "Air Balloons, Like It!". It was perfect!
We had a special breakfast of scrambled eggs and pancakes. And the boys opened their new construction themed shirts (made by mommy for the next day's birthday party)....
.....and their new shoes.
We had their favorite meal for dinner - pizza! And of course we took them out to an awesome pizza house - COSTCO! They love Costco pizza, and we love feeding our entire family for less than $10! We followed that up by a chocolate chip cookie from Starbucks, which was really a trip for mom and dad to get a latte, but we thought that they should get dessert on their birthday! While they enjoyed thier cookie, they still both asked for coffee. Actually it was more of a begging whine for coffee. Yes, that's right. Our two year old boys apparently really like coffee. And no, they have never had it...but they always want it. They must have been born in the northwest or something.
It looks like the boys had a fun day. They sure are getting big. You are a great mom and Ben is a great dad.
ReplyDeleteLove you guys, wish we could have been there to help celebrate.
Papa Waynes
They sure look like they are enjoying their B-day breakfast. I'm sure they will also enjoy their special dinner. You both are doing such a great job with them, they are so much fun to watch. I can't believe they are two already. Love to all of you
ReplyDeleteG-G parents