I've scrolled through some previous posts and realize that my stories are now about my kiddos. Not that I'm surprised or anything! But here's something that's going on with me...my latest "adventure".
It started by a random comment to Ben about wanting to do something radical. I could almost see the little red flags popping up when I looked at him. I'm sure he was wondering what furniture re-arrangement project I could've come up with this time, but lucky for him, I was on an entirely different path. I informed him that I'd been thinking about how I want to do something out of the ordinary for me, like taking a break from eating sweets (inspired by my friend Cerissa who gave up dessert for several months) or how I want to drink only water; two things I do a lot of and don't do a lot of, respectively. Not that I want to have a complete lifestyle change, but just a little bit of self control! In a nutshell, I was trying to explain to Ben that I wanted to be more disciplined...about lots of things, really, but that it was time to just start somewhere.
Ben and I decided that giving up sweets all together might be a little too radical for me. Especially when we live in the land of lattes and pastries and especially when it's summer and all that farm-fresh produce just begs to baked into something delicious - with lots of sugar, of course! So it was settled...water it is. I am embarking on an adventure to drink only water for one month, with an allowance for a glass of milk with dinner. I understand that this doesn't sound like much to most of you, but coming from someone who seldom drinks water (or really much of anything at all), this is a true challenge. It means no iced lattes on the gazebo soaking up summer's morning rays, or no glass of wine to accompany my hubby's latest barbecue creation, or no mojito, my favorite summer drink. It means no juice. Just water. Iced water because I don't stand a chance otherwise. And probably flavored with either lemon, lime, cucumber, mint or some other crazy combo that I can come up with. (Anyone have any other suggestions?)
So, here's to me and my yellow pitcher - a small stepping stone, a starting block to being disciplined with something.
Side Note: At the time of this posting, I am six days into my water only journey. The good news is that I haven't cheated, and the bad news is that I'm just not drinking much period. BUT, I'm working on it.
WOW, good for you! I know your not a big water drinker so this is really a radical thing! You will be surprised at how good you'll feel after some time. Your body will love you for it! I guarantee you. Lemon slices are the best. Icey cold water shocks your system so watch that. Really glad your doing something for YOURSELF Rachelle!
ReplyDeleteOK Rachelle! put me on it when I'm at your house. I could benefit from drinking water. Do you want me to bring along some mint plants? I have lots in the garden. Love, Holly
ReplyDelete