Saturday, March 12, 2011

The first "OWIE"

A few little streaks of blood on the cuff of my sweatshirt. It wasn't from me. A look around the room revealed the answer. A little boy with red dabs all over the front of his shirt.


"What in the world?", I say out loud, as if I'm expecting to get an answer from one of the two 19 week olds staring back at me.

Closer examination uncovers a bloody thumb. I'd like to say that the blood was from something worthwhile -- at least something that would be worthwhile in a little boy's eyes. But no. Unfortunately, this one was a mommy-inflicted, accidental nick of the extra sensitive top-of-the-thumb skin while trimming fingernails. The day was coming. It really was only a matter of time.

The first band-aids. Two of them...just in case. Makes me wonder how quickly we'll go through a box of the "owie-maker-betterers" in the next few years!  

5 comments:

  1. That's quite a lip Tanner has. Who does he get that from. I don't remember you doing the lip thing. It sure makes a cute picture anyway.

    Love
    Grandma Ardeen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The credit for the photo goes to Grandma "J"! Perfect Timing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw.... The picture is still really cute! At least he didn't burst into tears or did he?? Poor thing. Yes, cutting finger nails.. I never liked that part either.

    Mom Brenda & grandma Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the BEST picture EVER! What a sweet, sweet pouty lip. I bet he got a LOT of get-better-quick kisses to make the band-aid work extra super good. I love the story. I can totally hear you say, "What in the world?!" Haha. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'd better stock up (bet that Wendi can help you get boxes for free!) on band-aids because I see many in your future! ;) SUPER cute picture!

    ReplyDelete