Monday, February 2, 2009

Things That Make You Go "Hmm"

Early last week, while taking Onyx for a walk, we noticed that a truck that always parks on the street a few houses down from us had a busted window. "I wonder if this guy knows his window is broken", I said to Ben as we navigated the glass covered street. And that was the end of even thinking about it.

On Friday morning, as I was sitting on the couch drinking my coffee, I noticed a police car driving down our street. We don't see that very often so I got up off the couch looking for any sign of mischievous behavior. Nothing. During our afternoon walk that day, we happened to pass a local news truck parked on the side of the street a few blocks from our house. As we approached our block, and our house, we saw another news truck just a few houses down from ours. The neighbors were out talking to the camera crew and it was clear that they were doing an interview. "Hmm, wonder what's going on?" We had no idea.

A few hours later when the 5 o'clock news came on, the top story just happened to be "Vandals blasting glass with pellet guns". And sure enough, what followed was the interview with our neighbors that we saw while we were walking. Turns out these "vandals" targeted several vehicles around our house and that they were doing this for fun as nothing was stolen from any of the vehicles. Why, why, why do some people feel compelled to act so inconsiderately??? This just irks me!

So far, we are just feeling lucky. My car has been parked in the driveway for the last several weeks as my parking spot in the garage is filled with basement remnants. And, they haven't been caught yet.

2 comments:

  1. Grrrrrr! I totally HATE that too! So glad it wasn't your car. We've been on the receiving end before, and it is so maddening. Sounds like they must at least have some leads! :)

    Glad you are back blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I missed this post, but I feel for you! There are certainly lots of stories of this kind of things happening lately, and it is so annoying. By now your car is probably in the garage now and safe and sound. :)

    ReplyDelete