This winter has definitely kicked our butts, and reeked havoc on our home. I told a few of you that I would email pictures, but it's easier to post them on the blog. Here are a few photos of the water in our basement and the damage to our shed.
You can see how saturated the carpet was - water pouring off it as you lift it up. Super heavy. We took out our screen in our downstairs window and threw the wet carpet and padding out the window.
The entire lower level covered with at least 1" of water. Doesn't sound that bad, but it sure doesn't take much to ruin things.
After getting the water cleaned up, we had to removed the lower 18" of drywall around the entire basement.

This was the beginning of our shed roof collapse
This is how it looks now, after some rain on top of the snow.
This is the inside of shed... the wheelbarrow took the brunt of the collapse. We think everything else is OK.

Between leaking roofs, shed roof collapse, and water in the basement, we have definitely been on our toes. Sure hope this is the end of it.
Rachelle, Rachelle, Rachelle....my deepest sympathies to you for your ongoing weather struggles. You are probably wondering "what else could go wrong?!" I am praying for ya. I am thinking you need a nice break and a trip to the Safari Room, huh?
ReplyDeleteLet's fast forward to next year and say good bye to this year. When I talked with you on the phone you had the right attitude about the whole thing. Bravo! Keep up the hard work and determination that this too will pass. I am proud of how the two of you just get in there and do what is needed. Let's pray that that was the last of your problems for awhile. Holly Mom
ReplyDeleteYikes - seeing the pictures really makes me feel for you even more! How many days until spring.... ;)
ReplyDelete