Monday, January 19, 2009

A Brief Conversation

The phone rings. It's Ben calling from work to say hi. The 3 second conversation goes like this:

R: So what are you doing?
B: Well, the fog lifted a bit, so I'm out doing some hunting. I saw a coyote.
R: Oh, yeah? So does that mean you need to go?
B: No, that's OK. He's in the rock pile, but I could get 'em if I really wanted to!
R: Well, why don't you then?
B: (boyish chuckle) OK! I'll call you back when I'm done! (still giggling)
R: Good luck! Bye.

In the meantime, I go hang up my robe in the bathroom. Just as I'm letting go of the hangar, the phone rings. It's Ben.

R: Hello
B: Hi
(Long Pause)
R: So..... did you get it?
B: (More chuckling and an excited tone) Yeah!! His bee-hind should be stinging about now! I tagged him right in the butt!
R: (Laughing) Congratulations!
B: Well, I'm gonna go now.

As I laid on my bed and laughed, I thought to myself..hmm, the things that tickle his funny bone! Ben's excitement when he goes hunting at work never ceases to be hilarious...one part of his job he will always enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This is a tough season for him (and you!) so it's great that he gets to have a little fun out there!

    ReplyDelete