Writing and pictures often go hand in hand. Pictures can make your words come to life. Sometimes you don't need words because your pictures say it all. Sometimes you don't need pictures because the words paint their own image. And sometimes the pictures you have and the words you want to write just don't fit together, which is often the case fore me! Unfortunately, when that happens, I end up not writing at all because I won't have the "perfect" post.
When I first created my blog a few years ago, I wanted to use it as a medium to post pictures and tell stories about what's happening in our lives. And I still do. But sometimes I just want to write because I like to....without the the obligation of posting photos or telling of a specific event. I still remember the paper I wrote in the 8th grade about the Pottawatomi Indians. I worked real hard on it and I was proud of my final product. When my teacher handed it back to me with an "A+" written in read ink, I was ecstatic. During my first semester of college I took the required four credit, four day a week, rhetorical writing class. I spent countless hours in the library and on the Internet doing research for the final paper - a 12 page doozie on the subject of divorce. I got it back with a solid "A". More recently, writing has become somewhat of an outlet for me - a momentary, and sometimes much needed escape to get lost in my thoughts.
So....in an effort to make a post more often, maybe once per week, I'm just going to write what comes to mind. Sometimes there may not be any photos and sometimes the content may not be about the two little rug rats that capture all of our attentions, but I hope frequency will make up for some of that. And maybe it'll even give me an opportunity to pursue a potential passion, to create a portfolio - a collection of thoughts, states of minds, and tidbits of life.
I love your posts, you are an awesome writer, I wish you could post everyday, I feel closer that way
ReplyDeleteLove You
Dad
Thank you so much, Dad! That means a lot to me, more than you know!
ReplyDeleteLove you too!
Rachelle, I love all your posts for so many reasons. I love hearing about your long struggles to get the kiddos ready to go outside. It makes me feel not alone in the same struggle over here in Wisconsin! I love to write as well, so hearing that you're going to write to write is great news. You're right, there aren't always pictures to match, but writing is good for the soul. And, ok, too weird...my mom kept the same book, worn out and all, because, like you, Big Dog, Little Dog was my favorite as a kid too! We now have it on our boy's book shelf! Thanks for sharing all your thoughts and all the wonderful pictures of those ever growing, handsome boys of yours! Kristin
ReplyDeleteI know that one day you will be a writer. Whether its short stories or an actual novel! But you will be. There is no doubt in my mind. Writing is a great way to express your thoughts, to use your imagination, to releive stress and to just be. I also love writing and I can really get lost in my thoughts. I've always had a much easier time writing than verbally expressing myself. You do a great job at both however. I remember how hard you always worked at your writing projects in school and you deserved every single A you got!
ReplyDeleteI could read your writings all the time. You really do have talent for wiritng and I hope you never let your passion for writing die.
Love,
Mom Brenda