Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Path of Life

I received a phone call from my dad informing me that my aunt had passed away. A few hours later while checking my emails, I learned that my expecting friend had her baby. I was trapped between the emotions of really sad and really happy; a strange juxtaposition...life and death.

I couldn't help but recognize the similarities. They are quite striking: timing you can never be quite certain of even if you know it's coming, the idea of entering a new place, a whole new world, and experiencing the unexperienced.

The one thing that kept coming to my head was the song we sing at church "...He gives & takes away". How real. How true. The cycle of our earthly lives all in one day.

2 comments:

  1. Births and deaths happen every day - every second, really - but it is rather odd when both happen to people you love in the same day. It happened to me last March when my Grandma died and my niece was born on the same day. You describe it all so well, Rachelle. Love you, girl! (Fingers crossed that you continued feeling well all day!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A whole new world. You really capture it. I've been wondering myself at how being born must in some way be like being born into the next world too.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete