Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Off to the Mountain

After thoroughly enjoying a city-sponsored snowshoeing excursion a few weeks ago, Ben & I decided that we really need to take advantage of the mountain in our back yard more often. In the spirit of actually doing the things we talk about, we made a quick decision to spend last Saturday afternoon exploring the trail we had learned about. A quick stop at REI to rent snowshoes & poles, and off to the mountain we went. The lower elevations were still socked in with fog, but as we ascended the trail, the skies overhead were blue and the sunshine lit up the snow. Here are a few photos I wanted to share....









And my favorite photo....


2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I love your new one on your header as well. :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures! Good for you for taking advantage of all the Inland Northwest has to offer! Sometimes I think we forget how good we have it here!

    ReplyDelete